Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Unveil the VEIL!




When the veil was first introduced into Persepolis, I was pretty disturbed at the fact that the "two fundamentalist bastards" would harass women like they did on page 74. I think the concept of the veil is very stupid mainly because the fact that they degrade women. I think living in American society has made me aware of women's rights. In the story, the women are degraded throughout the book. The veil pretty much eliminates all of the activities women can do. The introduction of the veil is the beginning of the lost of women's rights as well as the lost of human rights in Iran. Even when people protest against the wearing of the veil, they are all beaten by the fundamentalists. I don't believe that anyone should be drapped with a veil covering their whole body. I understand the feeling that Marjane has when she wants to rebel and fight the new regime.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you. The thought of having to wear veils makes me very unhappy. Woman should deserve the freedom to wear what they want and when they want it. Many countries have not given woman the rights they truly deserve. Thankfully, in America, everyone has equal rights. I hope that all other countries in America will eventually give woman equal rights as men.
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete